Courtney Down the Aisle: T-86

/ Friday, May 25, 2012 /

This week, we've had a couple projects going on. Cuffs, brooches and necklaces have been in the works-- super excited to see how they'll turn out.  As for today, I've been in the midst of creating the perfect cross pendant-- nothing too gaudy or minuscule. Just something a bride can wear, first on her wedding day, and every day after!  My faith has always been a really big part of me.  I’ve always had trouble finding peace in situations that are completely...unknown. Some people thrive in it; as for me, it makes me pretty anxious.  So when the idea of marriage started to sink in,  I'll be pretty honest: I had my fair share uneasy moments.  Thankfully, I’ve found great excitement in God's promise, “ Ask me and I will tell you remarkable secrets you do not know about things to come” Jeremiah 33:3.

Through prayer, my uneasy moments are becoming more enjoyable. The more God reveals to me about his plans for marriage the more I can’t wait for August!  With that said, I really wanted to add a cross to the line-- a little piece of me that's remained constant and has unarguably kept me sane.  

On the wedding front, we're going for an eclectic vibe for the tables.  So we've been collecting a lot of found objects-- old books, colored glass bottles-- to use throughout.  As of now, we're taking inventory and soaking the bottles, preparing them to see how many we need! Aside from that, I've gotten a little wedding sidetracked (I still can't find a florist. It's been the worst part about planning, for sure), trying to find an apartment with the future beau to be. Well, that, and trying to conceptualize how it'll look inside. To put it mildly, I've sort of been on decor overload, making sure the wedding doesn't look like a garage sale, and that our new apartment feels somewhat like home (even though it's so short notice).  

Photos via Pinterest and Lanvin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Courtney on the Brink is the official jewelry blog of Courtney Kaye.
 
Copyright © 2012 On the Brink - Courtney Kaye Official Jewelry Blog, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger